In my previous post I talked about the basics of Cooperative Capitalistic Communities. These include regular participation in a group with the following characteristics:
- Focus on growing your businesses and helping other’s grow theirs
- Willingness to practice transparency
- Willingness to engage the Business Purpose and Vision of the Community
- Willingness to abide by a consistent set of Community Organizational Principles
- Interest in developing and living in a Community of Trust.
The foundational thought of Cooperative Capitalism is collaboration. I don’t think I have ever met anyone who said they were AGAINST collaboration. But when we actually sit down and give it a wing it rarely works out. Why is that? I believe there are at least 4 difficulties in effective collaboration: (more…)